What is the Opportunity Zone Program?
The 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act provides powerful new tax incentives for private investment
in businesses and real estate in certain communities called “opportunity zones.“
The act encourages investment in job creation and real estate opportunities such as
Investors can plow recently realized capital gains into opportunity zones... erase a portion of those tax gains and, more significantly have those proceeds grow tax-free.
- Forbes, Break & Build, July 18, 2018
What is the goal of the program?
To incentivize private individuals and companies, that may be sitting on the sidelines with capital gains, to directly invest into Opportunity Zone Funds that can help investors achieve both favorable tax treatment and additional investment returns.
After tax net return on $1M investment1
How does it work?
What does an average Opportunity Zone look like?
- 8,700 Different Opportunity Zones located in all 50 states, and DC
- 35 million people live in Opportunity Zones
- +75% certified zones lie within metropolitan areas
- 24 million jobs and 1.6 million places of business reside within Opportunity Zones today
- $1 Million investment assuming a 7% annual appreciation, and a hold period of 10 years, when compared to a traditional portfolio with the same return. The above hypothetical example is not indicative of the fund’s return, and there are no assurances that the fund will meet the example above. Past performance is not indicative of future results. Future returns are not guaranteed. A loss of principal may occur.