Advanced Tax & Investment Strategies
The Strategic Group is a boutique firm that focuses primarily on investment strategies that also may provide tax benefits as a source of returns. We work closely with affluent investors, family offices, trusted advisors, corporations, and banks. We have four primary lines of business that include:
How Do We Help?
Often, we are the go-to group for advanced tax strategies that can help clients preserve significant earnings. We consult with clients and advisors to develop a plan that may include layering several different tax strategies to suit their preferences and risk tolerances.
Who Do We Work With?
We work primarily with the client and their team of financial advisors, CPAs, attorneys, and bankers. Typically clients that have significant earnings or an income event, such as the sale of a business, are most interested in preservation of capital and thoughtful reinvestment of gains. Other HNW clients may have significant capital gains on an annual basis and need on-going assistance.
Business Lines Include:
- Opportunity Zones: Deploys targeted investments in real estate and other private equity opportunities in designated “Opportunity Zones” that can mitigate the taxation of capital gains while future appreciation of the investment may be tax free.
- Tax Credits: Develops, consults, invests, and brokers transferable federal and state tax credits such as film, low-income housing, historic rehabilitation, renewable energy, and other programs that mitigate tax liabilities.
- 1031 Qualified Intermediary: Consults and serves as a qualified intermediary for a 1031 tax-free exchanges, including strategies resulting from partnerships, lease buy-backs, and other complex exchange structures.
- Fund Management: Manages assets in a focused and disciplined manner with risk management controls, strong underwriting fundamentals, and a thoughtful investment philosophy. Structure and manage multiple private real estate funds, DSTs, and private equity funds.
- Conservation: Consults with landowners looking to conserve their land to promote “green, sustainable, and socially responsible” land ownership.
Our firm is built on a platform of tax efficiency and real estate expertise. The Strategic Group takes a thorough, holistic approach, with our clients. We want to help them achieve their long-term and short-term investment objectives. Our leadership has backgrounds in consulting with major corporations, and the individuals behind those companies, through mergers and acquisitions, international business, and real estate.